Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Yarn Along: Vests and Authenticity


This week, thanks to a wonderful book. There has been much more reading than knitting. But I am still working on this little project. And it's been really nice to do most of the project in garter stitch so when I do have a minute or two I grab it out of my bag and work a few rows.

And it's been pretty cold in our house so snuggling under a few blankets on the couch (or soaking in the bathtub) has been the best way to enjoy a new book!

I picked up the book, An Unquenchable Thirst by Mary Johnson at the library and I can't put it down. I'm about half way through it. And it's such a unique look inside her experience as a nun in the Catholic Order-- the Missionaries of Charity. It's a realistic look, not sugar coated and not blasphemy, but a healthy dose of honesty and humanness. It has been wonderful to see the depth of devotion and sacrifice given to God but, it is also facinating looking into a world I'm not super familiar with.


What are you reading? Knitting? If you want to see all the books I've finished this year, I'm trying to catalog them here.




No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin