Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Thoughts and Musings...



Hello my dears,

It's been a while hasn't it?

I feel like I've hit the ground running and haven't stopped, so I decided to take an inventory of what I've done since I talked with you last. The dinner above was a beautiful stopping point in this long weekend. Simple soup (recipe to follow), sweet bread (apple sauce bread on the left, chocolate chip banana bread on the right) and sliced pears. Throw in a few sweet faces, some funny conversation and you have a near perfect meal.

So journey with me as I focus on the present and treasure the beauty of the past.

Since we last spoke, I've been to California and back.
I spoke and listened to my Grandmother, bodily cared for her for a too short weekend.
Conquered two first days of school (one you'll see tomorrow!).


Thanks to donated garden produce... I canned 12 quarts of tomato sauce, 4 pints of apple sauce, 4 pints + 1 quart of pickles.
Lost one iMac (so long sweet computer).
Designed a dissertation workbook.
Knitted 1.5 washcloths.
Packed 8 lunches.
Attended a super-fun pre-labor day BBQ.
Finished reading this book.


Stopped at Pumpkinland with some wonderful friends.
Wore my new fall coat, because I was actually cold.
Made fried green tomatoes.
Painted one tiny painting.
Nursed two tiny people's colds.
Wondered when the tiny people got to be so big.
Made a batch of laundry detergent.
Drank lattes and ate pancakes with friends-- with homemade whip cream and strawberry sauce.

And I'm wondering, what have you been up to lately? Keep me up to date-- I feel out of the loop.

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin