Monday, August 22, 2011

Greetings from the Left Coast

I am sitting at my sister's desk, my family is all in this room in certain states of reading and waiting. That's how this weekend has gone, talking and eating, reading and waiting.

My grandma who's been on the cusp for quite sometime took a turn on Friday and I was on a plane Saturday morning. It's been a whirlwind, but so good, so sad and just so.... everything.

I didn't bring my camera, so I'm choosing to rely on my memories for the beauty that surrounded me this weekend.

Brushing and braiding Grammy's hair, painting her nails, painting watercolor pictures with her. All these little bits of beauty, made this sad weekend fuller, brighter.

And the fact my sisters (all four of us) and my parents were all present at dinner. Just the six of us, I'm not sure when that has happened in the last ten years. It was a gentle gift.


No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin