Monday, June 20, 2011

Welcome Back!


Hello friends,
I've been on an unintended blogging break. But for very good reasons! So many NEW GOOD! things coming up.


But for now I'll give you a quick update to our spring/summer manifesto!

Read with the kids everyday-- We're reading Ramona the Pest (with Auntie Jayme!), Five Little Peppers and How They Grew  

Read something for myself, everyday-- I'm reading Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom


Grow! Cook! Eat! Invite!-- The garden is growing, pies have been baked, meals have been shared! 

Dry herbs for winter-- I first dried chives in the oven. Tutorial soon.

Use fresh herbs now-- Mint for mojitos, chives in herb dip, bits of basil on eggs, cilantro in salad...

Sing-- We've been singing as we work, as we drive and as we play. 

Plant flowers-- Hydrangas, peonies and lilacs...

Be gracious to my children, slow to anger and abounding in love. I am diligently working on this, it makes for a much happier household. I heard Sylvia Boorstein's interview on On Being with Krista Tippet.  She told a story about watching a family on an airplane. Their kindness to their upset child was just gracious, attentive and productive-- the child settled on her own. "Do not ask am I pleased?... {but} in this moment am I able to care for the child and myself in a kindly way?" Because getting upset and flying off the handle is not kind to me and it is not kind to my children.

Eat outside-- We went camping so we had lots of eating outside! And we've been taking picnics with Grandma Bonnie and Grandpa John plus this week Grandmommy, Papa, Megan and Jayme.

Get into the sunshine-- next time I'll go easy on this... I'm a bit sunburned today!
Let worry go-- When my heart is full of gratitude, there is no room for worry.

Farmer's Market, every Saturday-- Orange City, Sioux City and Omaha.

Coffee and tea with girlfriends-- A few impromtu coffee dates with some special girls, hopefully more!

Do you have a manifesto-- written or unwritten?! Have you been slowly bringing beauty in your life this spring/summer?

*********

I've been writing letters for The Summer We Sent Letters! Have you? It's been wonderful to get a bit of mail and to send a bit of mail (plus a few boxes)!

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin