Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lent Discussions


I cannot believe that lent has come and gone. It moved so quickly, but I did not feel like the time ran through my fingers. I feel like for the most part, I was in the moment, appreciating it for what it was.
As you may remember, I gave up time wasters, including facebook. And though I was clearing mental and physical space in my own day to day life. I really wanted to mindfully look at each activity, evaluate it as time enriching or time wasting. Asking my self a few simple questions: As this enriching for me? Am I investing in my family, my friends or myself? Is this relationship building?

This has been an amazing journey. Surprisingly, I didn't miss facebook or my computer at all. Yes, I missed my family and my girl-friends. But I made real time for them in other ways.

I spent my weekends mostly computer free, taking time to do other things I love. I finished reading 5 books and I'm halfway through a 6th book. I've knitted/crocheted/sewed, we've cooked and shared many meals, made cards, spent meals and quality family-time together... and the list goes on.

I felt like my spirit was full and ready to share with others.

This year, I was prepared for Easter, in my own heart.

I didn't think that I could make more time in my day. But an extra 20 minutes here or there quickly adds up. And my kids loved an extra book or song at night, the absence of intense hurrying in the mornings (not every morning but most).

And the things that I've learned, I'm going to continue. Mindfully choose my tasks, continually asking myself good questions.

What did you learn during this season?

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin