Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day!



It’s Earth Day, and the signs of spring are showing finally in the Midwest. This morning, without a heavy coat on. I walked out to my car and a pair of Robins we’re all twitterpaited— the season of love is in the air. I said good morning to the chickens took a deep breath of spring and sunshine before I started my short trip to work.


I have been thinking of some tangible ways to make this Earth Day special. Tonight the kids and I are going to make a bird/squirrel feeder out of peanut butter and bird seed. I remember making a version of this craft in third grade, (thank you Mrs. Alexander). I’ll share our process or progress tomorrow.




Here are a few pictures of the excursion on Monday night, a walk to the library all bundled up. In the block and a half to the library. The girls were sharks, Dora and Boots (because Isabel was wearing boots), and we were butterflies. Livy said, “HEY, Mary, take a picture of the grass its GROWING!”


Yay for the library, they had the Martha Craft Book. It is perfect. I’ve always wanted to learn calligraphy, right? I can hear my husband right now... “Honey, do you really need a new hobby....”

So this earth day, take a walk to some place you normally drive. Take a reusable bag with you to the market. Recycle. Have a waste-free lunch.

Let me know what you’re doing!

---

On other notes have you seen this? I haven’t had much time to check out edible communities, but they did have a link to city chickens.
Question: if we live in rural city... Do we have rural city chickens???

I love this outfit on Creature Comforts. I think she picked out an affordable outfit just for ME (or you!).


Wondering about Anthropologie’s Bee Campaign for Earth Day? Visit here.

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin