Wednesday, December 17, 2008
What a great year we've had, thinking back I've made through the wondeful months of being a stay-at-home mom, and the through almost 9 months of being back in a full time job as an Art Director.
My kids have grown up, mastered new skills, loved, cried, played their way through 2008.
As we look forward to 2009 lets make a few resolutions:
1. To pray for the country, the people who will lose or have lost their jobs, homes... etc.
2. Think about others, be compassionate, don't loose your temper. Helping out others when ever we can.
3. To think about the little guy, whether the small toy maker across the country (write your letters see the right navigation for instructions) or the lady next door who needs help shoveling snow.
4. Buy and make handmade items. Let's bring crafts-person-ship back to our everyday life. (Bye, bye plastic, premade and over processed... big box).
5. Read more with your kids! (And return you books to the library... sorry Orange City Library, I'll be in soon!)
6. Turn off the TV, computer and bring out the coloring, crafts, games, books.
7. Be thankful, be grateful. Keep a gratitude journal and remember to write thank you cards.
8. Bake, cook, eat together. Dinner together as many nights as possible.
9. Save energy, save money.
10. Be a student of life in every situation.
Here is a great link to making this home for a greener Christmas!
Here are another link to a great idea for greener gift giving... used books and a handmade bag!
From our home to yours, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
I'll probably be popping in and out during the festivities....