Friday, August 29, 2008

Pancakes.

“Necessity is indeed the mother of invention.” -Little Women Motion Picture, 1994

We’re having breakfast for dinner which is usually a good idea. Both kids will eat their weight in scrambled eggs when given the chance. And Truman will snarf down pancakes like nobody’s business.

But what do you do when you’ve mixed all the other ingredients and open the door to find out there is an empty jug of milk in the fridge? Get creative.

Juice, no. Powdered milk, nope out of that too. YOGURT? Yes!

A few cups of vanilla yogurt made the best tasting pancakes I’ve ever had. Really. A little tang, lots of vanilla… next time I’m adding a teaspoon of cinnamon and they’ll be out of this world.

They did make a much gloppier dough, so next time a little more water, but taste was divine!

Let me know if you try them!


*notice how I used non-words like snarf and gloppier... haha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that 'Little Women' movie I lost my recording of it.

Anonymous said...

Where's the recipe??

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin