Friday, August 29, 2008

Eggs, Eggs and More Eggs


And here you have it our very first egg. All the lights and mess in my basement, all the building a coop, feeding, watering, and fighting with the city come down to this one little white event. This is indeed our first egg.

The egg came a few weeks ago since then two other hen's have been laying, among them one brown egg layer. So exciting!





The proud Mama's!



And the proud supper!

This was out of Giada De Laurentiis, Everyday Italian cookbook. So good!

2 comments:

Casey said...

Came across you blog it just caught my eye. I love eggs but chickens scare me to death. I have to mine in a carton cause I not about to take them from the chickens. I have a blog and I hope you will drop by soon

Anonymous said...

hi..good you still have your own hens..y kids love egg so much. For a week I need 2 dozen, sometimes 3 at the fridge :)

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin