Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Finding Fall: Changing



Do you feel the change in the air? Did you reach for your sweater this morning? I sure did. After weeks of record heat, we are inviting this change in the temperature.



This temperature change helped us settle our souls a bit.

Fall does that, for me, helps me move inward. I think about creating warm soup, baking fresh bread, raking up leaves and wearing flannel.


The air starts to feel a bit electric, maybe it's the grey skies that help the greens and gold pop into existence.

Or maybe, it's how we seek the warmth of home so we start readying it for winter. Like the gardens that are winding down that give off the spicy smell of cloves and nutmeg as they decompose, returning back to the earth.

Whatever it is about this early fall season... I'm smitten.

*If you care to, join me for two weeks of Finding Fall

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin