Monday, May 6, 2013

weekending:: dirt + robots



What a lovely weekend. It was simple and sweet. The skies were grey but the grass is vibrant, eager and promising. It was misting a bit as Isabel and I walked home from a birthday party on Saturday. I took deep, gulping breaths of spring wind. We both agreed we loved the smell of dirt.

Tonight, Isabel and I walked home from our beloveds John-John and Bon-Bon's house-- we were  dancing robots, we skipped, we tried to walk as a three legged race, then we spent the last block humming an empty conversation. I hummed a tune, then she hummed one back. It was more elaborate with every mumbling question and answer. Buzzing lips-- a wild tonic in the rain. We laughed and laughed.

When she was getting her jammies on tonight, she said, "Yeah, but Dad, I have NO IDEA what we even said to each other. But it was nice." It shows you sometimes, you just have to be present and dance like a robot down the middle of town.

 ++++++



We spent our Sketchbook Saturday Morning time around the kitchen table. We took out the paints and brushes plus, we made robots out of butter boxes and hot glue. I started a little embroidery, read a bit of a book and I drank a latte while we watched it rain.

Today, a pot luck at church and a trip to the swimming pool. After we put the kids to bed, I folded laundry while we watched The Bletchley Circle. The drama, suspense and costumes. So good!

Even though, we had lots of little things going on this weekend, I felt like we got to spend a lot of time together, together.

What were you up to this weekend?




Joining amanda for weekending


No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin