Tuesday, January 1, 2013

All is Calm, All is Bright


It's New Years day and the family started their journey home. I am sitting in a quiet kitchen with a cup of pumpkin spice coffee while the kids are at their own activities. I've already vacuumed the living room and I'm about to start a load of sheets. Folding up the blankets was a quiet reminder of the people who only a few hours ago, filled up this space with laughter. The house is markedly quieter--a bit empitier.



This trip was so lovely, I was amazed at how well the kids played together. They spent their afternoons crafting, playing in the snow and piling in the tent (set up in the playroom!) to watch movies together.


I was blessed by lots of crafting time with my sister in laws.


My heart was fulfilled by watercolor painting with the nephews and nieces and teaching my oldest nephew to knit. Pots of tea, carafes of coffee, jelly belly beans, homemade tamales, holiday meals... all of it shared with so much love.

This year our theme is going to be "All is Calm, All is Bright." I think we are already off to a great start.


No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin