Wednesday, November 21, 2012

On Being Six



One night this week, during homework time, we had 4+2 on our math flash cards and the answer made Izzo cry.


She said, "I'm so excited to turn seven, but I'm so sad to leave 6. 6 was such a good year."
So we snuggled before bedtime and talked about all the things that being 6 brought.


She's learned how to ride a bike, tie her shoes, jump off the dock, read chapter books, take the bus, have great conversations(which she's always done, but in such an understanding way now) and how to be a good sister.



She said she wanted to spend her last few days 'being very 6.' I don't know what that means, exactly. But I think she's right on.


On Friday, this little lady turns seven. And I wonder, how did she get this big? This wise? This thoughtful?




No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin