Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Yarn Along: Making Pie

For the month of June I'm a guest contributor for The Rhythm of the Home blog. You should take some time to dive in to that space, so much great information and inspiring women. And if you happen to see my post about The Summer List, stop by and say hi! I'd love to see you there.  

***


Last night, I stayed up a bit late reading a new book, Making Piece: A Memoir of Love, Loss and Pie. I've decided to let the library pick new books for me, they have a low bookshelf filled with new or interesting books. And I always find a good one there, without much effort. In a quick sweep of the audio book section (psst, it's my secret for staying in my desk chair at work and staying focused), I grabbed this book on a whim as I stood in the check out line.

I settled down on the couch while Eric baked a cake and before I knew it, I was 50 pages in. The author just takes you right in to the heart of the story, the complicated grief, confusion and deep love.

And I love that she's living in Iowa (or did when this book was written), she has already mentioned Joan Didion and The Year of Magical Thinking. And seriously, she leaves a corporate job to make pie. My type of girl. And now I'm singing this song.

On the yarn front, I'm still making washcloths. I like that you can pick them up and do a few rows, not touch them for a few months and knit a few rows. That is how dedicated I am to knitting right now. So on Saturday, I picked up and punched out a few rows.

What are you reading and knitting?

You should join Ginny too!


No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin