Tuesday, September 27, 2011

To Tell the Truth



Here I am, at the end of a hard summer. We've had run the gamut of death, family illness, last minute traveling, weekends away, break ups of close friends.

And settling into school year routine, I feel like it's a steep learning curve.

And so the truth is, I would like the summer to have been a bit more carefree. Perhaps a tad lazier? Or a tad more constructive? Or absent of all the weighty conversations.

But that is not what it was. It was beautiful, in its own way. And I'm learning things I wouldn't have learned otherwise.

So I will not wish away this season, I will live with my feet firmly planted in these fall days. We will look again to what grounds us. And march forward our only motto, "Today is better than yesterday."

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin