Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Yarn + Reading


Yesterday afternoon made up for all of Monday afternoon’s shortcomings (which were too numerous to recount, I assure you).

The kids played outside while Eric and I tag teamed dinner. After dinner, the kids helped me clean up the playroom. And they REALLY helped. Our treat for finishing the playroom was to run to the basement— ahem.... my cave of a ‘studio’-- to pick out a few special things to craft with. Given the run of the whole studio Isabel picked, three Popsicle sticks and red twist ties. Truman picked a baggie of rickrack and elastic. I grabbed a few skeins of yarn for an easy shrug. We were all happy with our treasures.

We all sat around the table with a projects in hand and the light fading from the skys, I said a quiet Thank You, for the little people I’ve been given.

Bedtime was peaceful. We stared reading J.M. Barrie's, Peter and Wendy. They LOVE that the kids are taken care of by the dog, Nana.

After they went to sleep and the house was quiet, I continued knitting a new project and listened to the end of Rilla of Ingleside and the beginning of The Chronicles of Avonlea. What am I going to do when I finish the Anne series?


**********

I’ve joined Ginny for Yarn Along... just a few days late.

Leftovers getting you down? I rolled mine up into egg rolls!

Mumford and Sons sing Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing-- the Sufjan arrangement. Beautiful.

Hope you are having a beautiful week!

*If your viewing this in google reader, I did a little design update so pop over and say hi!

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin