Tuesday, January 11, 2011

With Wild Abandon


It's been snowing and snowing. Last night, Isabel suited up and 'helped' Eric scoop. Which basically meant she spent the whole time waist deep into snow banks. And it kept me looking out the window every thirty seconds. I was SURE she was going to fall in over her head to an Isabel sized snow bank.

One of my Peeping-Tom /Hover-Mother moments, I looked out the window and there she was on her belly rolling in the snow. Not phased, not cold-- but adoring every moment. Jumping in over and over without abandon and with sheer delight.

Her love of snow and out door play actually reminded me of her love of swimming. Her wild abandon satisfies her heart so deeply.

As a mother, something in me stirs too. When do I unleash myself like that? When do I jump head first into something with wild abandon, for the sake of enjoyment?

Let's do one thing today with wild abandon. What will yours be?


Photo

*********

Tomorrow is the day I announce my big news! (no I'm not pregnant) So stop by and see what I'm up to!

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin