Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Little Secret About Animal Crackers


Friday night, the kids wanted to make animal crackers. NOT graham crackers.

They were thinking about the large bag from Walmart with the slightly-sweet, majorly-addicting, animal-like-shaped cookies.

I was not sold on this idea.

So I searched around a bit and found Smitten Kitchen's Graham crackers. But since life is all about marketing, I just rebranded them. And said "THIS recipe would make perfect animal crackers." They bought it. I have a feeling, I'm going to be in trouble next year after they start to read.


For our first batch we made larger cut-out crackers. A few cats, some dogs,  a monkey and bear. Our next few batches, I used a tiny heart cookie cutter. I didn't have much dough waste that way.

They are good. A nice cracker crunch and a bit of chew. But what does it for me is the honey/butter combination.


Yikes. THESE are addicting. But this recipe made about 280 quarter size crackers. We divided the dough into four sections, which allowed us to make a bit at a time.


I'm thinking about making these for our school Valentines. In little bags with funny tags like last year. But this time, I think the kids will help!

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin