Monday, November 15, 2010

Maple Pumpkin Butter and other thoughts.


As I type, I'm sitting nestled in my granny shawl. New, just made woolen fingerless gloves adorn my wrists. And I'm contemplating what to wear tomorrow that I won't freeze in. But I'm still holding on to this gorgeous fall. On a walk, we all picked out our favorite leaves and even though they don't have anything to do with the post, I thought I'd show them to you anyway.

Shh. Don't tell Izzo and I watched The Santa Clause 3 or that I sewed up a storm for Christmas this weekend. We spent most of the weekend doing puzzles, playing games, resting and baking. It was a well needed sabbath. We all took naps and took care of ourselves. A empty weekend is such a blessing.


I made this amazing Maple Pumpkin Butter. It was actually a lot like making apple butter or pear cardamom butter.


Maple Pumpkin Butter: In a medium sized, heavy bottomed pot add 1 cup good-quality apple cider and 1 cup pureed pumpkin (canned or baked then pureed). Add a generous sprinkle of cinnamon up to 1/2 a tsp or to taste. And equal sprinkles of nutmeg, ginger, allspice. Then add 1 to 2 tblsp of good-quality maple syrup. Bring to a gentle bubble, then turn down to low. Cook stirring continuously until thick about 10-15 minutes. Place in two clean pint size jelly jars and keep refrigerated or frozen.

Eat immediately on anything... if not before!



No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin