Friday, August 7, 2009

Ten Things


Lynnette is hosting a getting to know you. I adapted and revised this from my 25 things about a year ago-- funny how answers change and evolve over time...

1. My dream is to live in a log cabin in the woods. With a fire to heat the place, and no electricity. I really wish I grew up with Laura Ingalls. But who doesn’t when you read those books?

2. I love my husband and my kids more than anything in the world.

3. I want my kids to grow up with a sense of purpose. I want them to have good work ethic, to be responsible and kind people. To themselves, others and the universe. I want them to be good stewards of nature. I hope that by gardening, talking nature walks, picking up trash, going camping/hiking, talking, discussing and leading by example will teach them these things. I try to live and raise my kids to be people who are compassionate and like Jesus— in the way we love and care for others.

4. I love fabric, thriftstore, yarn shopping. I enjoy coming home refreshed and ready to make something creative (:

5. I do want to be closer to my family. I have an intense love of my family and my friends. I may not express it all the time, thanks to being busy, busy. But I do.

6. Sweet corn, fresh green beans, edemame, peaches... these are the tastes that make summer for me (:

7. I have an amazing but diverse group of girlfriends. And I love them all so much. I think we connect on a different level.

8. I have a ton of artistic/crafty/creative ambition. I rarely return to anything I start. If I do return it’s years later. I usually pick something to learn about and then I have to study, read, do, make and then I exhaust myself from the process. But I’m trying to balance that part of my life. I want to have a few hobbies that I am good at and well satisfied with. Except knitting, that comes back seasonally.

9. For a while everything in our life happened the week of Thanksgiving. We started dating, got engaged, got married, brought home our new baby on our first wedding anniversary, found out we were having our second baby and more. Just kept us remembering to be thankful.

10. The people I learn from the most are my kids and my husband. They help me to be a continual student of life and circumstance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

9. For a while everything in our life happened the week of Thanksgiving. We started dating, got engaged, got married, brought home our new baby on our first wedding anniversary, found out we were having our second baby and more. Just kept us remembering to be thankful.

i love that one.

Unknown said...

What a fun list of things about you. :)

I agree with you on your kids growing up with a sense of purpose. I want my kids to serve Jesus with their gifts and talents and to be willing to sacrifice often for their Lord.

Your "tastes of summer" makes me sad that summer is leaving. :( It's becoming my favorite season, but Autumns pumpkin pie, spiced cider and spice cake aren't so bad either huh?

Sounds like you are artsy and creative and using God's gifts to enjoy this life even more - good for you!

It was so nice visiting today. Thanks for the invite.
Chums,
Lynnette

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin