Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lately... a photoless update...

I thought the week we left for California was one of the busiest to date. Boy, was I wrong. I don’t think our feet have touched the ground since we’ve been home. Lots of commitments and joyful busyness. I thought I’d let you in on a few of the things we’ve been up to.

Zestos, Inc.

Zestos, Inc. is a new non-profit organization that seeks to meet the basic needs of people in our community with food, clothing, shelter and prayer. Eric and I have joined with friends to make this organization a reality. Our friends Rod and Jayne, have had the vision of a place like this for years and we all have a big part to play, it seems as if our roles were divinely laid out for us.

We have a prayer meeting tonight (Thursday, July 30th) at 6:30 p.m. at Alton Reformed Church, this will be about 45 minutes. If you have time and are in the area, come pray with us!

I created the blog and a facebook page. If you want more information you can see this article, that was put out by the N’West Iowa REVIEW. If you wnt to ask specific questions post them on our facebook wall or email ZestosInc[at]gmail.com. We’d love to hear from you.

The Garden
So I’d love to say that we’ve been out there more than once in the last three weeks, but that would be fibbing. However, we have lots of produce coming in, onions, potatoes, beans, carrots, dragon carrots, peas. Tomatoes that are just aching to turn ripe. Sunflowers that are taller than the house (ok so not really but they are HUGE!).


Weddings, Weddings.
We flew to one (in CA) and had the most lovely weekend. What sweet friends these two have been!

And we had one this weekend which I shot pictures at the reception, lots of photo editing in my spare time!

Plus... we’re helping out at wedding in August, lots of planning/meetings involved. But it should be fun!

Goats Milk.
I believe that I scalded the milk while making yogurt, and when it was finished, the ‘yogurt’ looked like runny cottage cheese, and no one really ate it. Better luck next week...

Farmer’s Market.
However this has been my best season yet, I will no longer be baking for the Market. It cuts hours out of my already busy life and though it is a hobby and creative outlet for me, I think that it’s more than I can sanely accomplish.

I am going to start to post some of my tried and true Farmer’s Market recipes (some are already posted). So that you can enjoy them on your own!

New Puppy.
Lucy is a sweet girl and she’s been such a wonderful addition to our family. But she is a puppy, lots of training not to bite, pee in the house, jump.... Funny, we’re trying to get Truman to not pee in the toilet, not bite, and not jump on the bed.

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin