I was just taking a stroll through the land of my brain and I think I need to relieve stress in my life. So, I found this article very interesting. 52 Stress Relievers.
These are the ones I should focus on:
1. Get up fifteen minutes earlier in the morning. The inevitable morning mishaps will be less stressful.
2. Prepare for the morning the evening before. Set the breakfast table, make lunches, put out the clothes you plan to wear, etc.
3. Don't rely on your memory. Write down appointment times, when to pick up the laundry, when library books are due, etc.
12. Eliminate (or restrict) the amount of caffeine in your diet.
17. Say "No!" Saying "no" to extra projects, social activities, and invitations you know you don't have the time or energy for takes practice, self-respect, and a belief that everyone, everyday, needs quiet time to relax and be alone.
18. Unplug your phone. Want to take a long bath, meditate, sleep, or read without interruption? Drum up the courage to temporarily disconnect.
20. Simplify, simplify, simplify. . .
22. Get up and stretch periodically if your job requires that you sit for extended periods.
24. Get enough sleep. If necessary, use an alarm clock to remind you to go to bed.
25. Create order out of chaos. Organize your home and workspace so that you always know exactly where things are. Put things away where they belong and you won't have to go through the stress of losing things.
28. Try the following yoga technique whenever you feel the need to relax. Inhale deeply through your nose to the count of eight. Then, with lips puckered, exhale very slowly through your mouth to the count of 16, or for as long as you can. Concentrate on the long sighing sound and feel the tension dissolve. Repeat 10 times.
33. Learn to live one day at a time.
43. Use your weekend time for a change of pace.
45. Do one thing at a time. When you are with someone, be with that person and with no one or nothing else.
46. Allow yourself time - everyday - for privacy, quiet, and introspection.
49. Don't forget to take a lunch break.