Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Popcorn


You all know that I’m about simple, affordable (read: cheap) and chemical-free. When my lovely friend Jayne told me about the thing that revolutionized my life, I knew I had to share it with all of you. Then... I forgot! So last Friday, while having a pizza and movie get together with some of my favorite friends this tip came back to me.

POPCORN. No popcorn lung involved. No butter, salt or sugar (Though you can add them if you want to)! I’ve made caramel corn out of this recipe and it works perfectly!

Ok here we go:

Naked Popcorn
1 Brown Paper Lunch Bag
1/4 Cup of Popcorn Kernels (we use the kind you can buy in the dry goods section of your store. It is usually one shelf up from the floor by the microwave popcorn)

Pour popcorn into the brown bag and fold over the top. Cook on your ‘popcorn’ cycle in your microwave or for about 2.5 minutes. All mircrowaves are different, so you’ll have to do a little investigating.

I then used Amy Karol’s caramel corn directions and made some for Christmas gifts. The kids loved it too.

Let me know if you do make this and if you have any hints!

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin