Monday, August 25, 2008

Sadness



O friends, lots of little sad things happened this last week, which account for my blogging absence.

Among them, and most importantly: My beloved friend Don Theroux passed away. His presence and encouragement in my life will be sorely missed.

He and his sweet wife, Carol have aided me in every artist expression I’ve been apart of-- coaxing me to find a creative community and a creative space within my own life.


In his honor I’ve been listening to a beautiful ballad by Brandi Carlie, Downpour. (lyrics below)


To my kindred spirits one earthly present and one now bound for a better place, thank you.


Downpour

I'm like the rain in a downpour
I wash away what you long for
And I wave goodbye with the sun in my eyes
I wish I could be there tonight

I'm like the wind in the canyon
I'm there when I'm gone in a second
You're growing older in peace where you're at
I wish I could be there for that
But I've moved on
Like a rolling stone
In a crowded room
I'm alone

I'm like the rain in a downpour
I wash away what you long for
And I wave goodbye with the sun in my eyes
I wish I could be there tonight
Oh, oh, yeah

You're like the tide in the deep blue
Cause you're always there when I need you
And when you need someone to carry you through
I'm gonna be there for you
I'm gonna be there for you

[ Downpour Lyrics on http://www.lyricsmania.com/ ]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear your sorrow of losing good friend...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin