Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Finding Fall, Chasing Wonder


A few years ago my father-in-law bought us the movie, Bridge to Terabithia. I remembered being in fourth grade, reading that book. And I loved it. But honestly, I haven't thought much of it since.


Isabel found the DVD and wanted to watch it. So I let her. And she's been living in the magical land of Terabithia ever since, she writes stories about it, she fills her sketchbook with pictures about it and she dresses up as the Queen of Terabithia. And lately, she's even take her brother on her adventures.



On Sunday, we took a drive to enjoy the fall colors and we ended up at a little pond a few minutes from our house. The leaves were breath taking.


When she exited the car and got down towards the water, I heard her breathlessly exclaim full of wonder, "Truman, I think we're actually in Terabithia."

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin