Thursday, September 9, 2010

I Give You Permission for Evening Coffee


We had a packed evening last night, a trip to the park, babysitting a little lady and feeding everyone. Plus tutoring and working late.

Then after the park. A quick kitchen clean up (more to do today, ugh!), and a quick but so filling dinner (couscous, sauteed vegetables and meat, salad, wheat bread with butter). Bedtime routine, lots of books snuggling, listening to the rain. They quickly went off to bed and I cancelled all the rest. Eric made coffee and we sat at the kitchen table our books. Listening to the rain some more and marveling at our little life.

I kept saying my list of shoulds. I should do go to tutoring tonight,  I should do finish up that project at work.  I should be sewing, screen printing, being creative.... blah, blah, blah.

Eric looked me square in the eye and said, "It's ok to stop and be tired one night. You have permission."

Not that I needed permission to stop, but it was nice to have it anyway. So I grabbed my knitting and watched some awful TV with my husband. Seriously, isn't there anything beautiful on TV anymore?

Well, in case you needed it. I give you permission to rest.

*Photo from Jamie3529gq

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin