Wednesday, September 16, 2009

30 Days of Happiness:: Wicker Park

 
(Day 22) This is my favorite day in Chicago, we got up earlier and headed out to Wicker Park. Thanks to Chelsea from lady I swear by all flowers for the suggestion!
Right after getting off the train, we stumbled into a beautiful farmer's market.


For a smaller market, there were so many beautiful people with fresh fruit, cheese, homemade and canned salsas and pickles.



Look at these raspberries and eggplants. They were begging me to make dinner (and dessert!).



Beautiful flowers.



Our final stop before getting back on to the train was at Myopic books, it was packed with lovely, lovely books and tons of happy shoppers. I could spend years there just exploring.



*I had to skip a lot of days for this 30 days. I hope you understand. I am feeling much better and I'm working on balancing life, work, childrens, puppy, husband and all the things that were left undone while I was away (hospital and mentally). For now the house needs a good scrubbing, the laundry needs some doing, my kids (and husband) need some loving, the dog needs playing and walking. Everyone, even me, needs Mommy Back.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

I am so glad you made it to myopic + wicker park. That was one of my favorite places when I was living in Chicago, I could just spend hours and hours there... Did you eat at any good restaurants? +Chelsea

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, it's amazing! the raspberries look fantastic!!!

gardenmama said...

So beautiful!!
The raspberries look incredible!

kate said...

I stumbled into Myopic on my last visit to chicago....oh my! And as a small town girl, with a small town farmer's market, I have to say I have a soft spot in my heart for the little gatherings of growers-- everyone is so kind, and because of the smaller market size, there always seems to be a slow, laid back, conversational vibe. I just love it!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin