Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Green Space: Blooming Branches


Hello friends, when I met Candi in college, I knew we'd get along.
Our deep love of tea, nature and um... homestar runner.
I asked her to join us here today-- for the first ever, My GreenSpace--
to share a bit about her life journey.
Thank you Candi for stopping by today!


I grew up and have lived in small towns in the Midwest US most of my life. The lives of people in this part of the country are intricately connected to the land. It took moving to the heart of Berlin, Germany, to realize just how connected I am to creation.


I didn't find a park or a mountain, a wide open prairie, or a vast ocean. Instead I noticed a tree in the wee beginning stages of forming buds, and closely observed the transition from barren branches to the unfurling of bright green leaves over the course of three months.


I love the changing of the seasons. The changes take place all around us, more often than not unbeknownst to us. These huge changes happen quite slowly, while our busy lives move so quickly that we do not notice the transitions until we're experiencing the extremes: sub-zero temperatures and snowfall of winter, dead leaves on the ground in autumn, sweltering humidity of summer, and blooming flowers of spring. I enjoyed taking a couple of minutes every few days just to wonder at the creativity of God, how bumps on branches turned into buds, and eventually unfurled as green leaves.




Candifer believes the greatest blessings of life are found in the simple things: the outdoors, a good book, true friends, a giant mug of tea, playing piano, painting, and the laughter of children. You will usually find her with mud between her toes, dirt under her fingernails, and a giant grin on her face. She currently resides in the great state of South Dakota!

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin