Monday, October 6, 2008

Busy, Busy!



We’ve been busy, busy lately! I’ve had to make time to put up the last of summer’s goodness.

Yesterday afternoon and evening, I baked then froze 3 pumpkins for pumpkin pie this holiday season. My family (8 plus people) are coming for Christmas so I’m attempting to stock up now for the visit.

We had a few pounds of tomatoes thanks to Lori, my gardener friend from the Farmer’s Market. I made about a gallon of marinara sauce. We just got a pasta maker for Eric’s birthday. Homemade pasta and homemade sauce, what’s better?

Then I cut, soaked and froze apples. Simmered chicken stock for freezing. AND we made cut out kitty cookies (more to come on this later) and had a tea party.

Glad that this is over with, but it was quite fun to get so many things accomplished.

On the agenda for this week: make granola, make/freeze rice using Amy Karol’s recipe (so easy) and make a ton of apple sauce/juice out of the remaining bag of apples and try the mayonnaise again.

Wish me luck!


Here is a of Isabel and Emily from their adventures!


And one of the hay-less hayride!

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin